We’ve just uploaded mypy 0.942 to the Python Package Index (PyPI). Mypy is a static type checker for Python. This release includes bug fixes only. You can install it as follows:
python3 -m pip install -U mypy
You can read the full documentation for this release on Read the Docs.
Fixes to Regressions
- Let overload item have a more general return type than the implementation (Jukka Lehtosalo, PR 12435)
- Fix inheritance false positives with dataclasses/attrs (Jukka Lehtosalo, PR 12411)
- Support overriding dunder attributes in Enum subclass (Petter Friberg, PR 12138)
- Fix small conditional overload regression (Marc Mueller, PR 12336)
- Fix issues related to the order of processing in the builtins import cycle (Jukka Lehtosalo, PR 12431)
- Fix crash in match statement if class name is undefined (Jukka Lehtosalo, PR 12417)
- Allow non-final __match_args__ and overriding (Jukka Lehtosalo, PR 12415)
I’d like to thank my employer, Dropbox, for funding the mypy core team.